Join us on Saturday, October 28th from 8:30am o 4:30pm
at Alliant University in San Diego, CA for a live seminar:
Overcoming Parent Child Contact Problems will be presented by
Matthew Sullivan, Ph.D.
Hon. Marjorie Slabach (Ret.)
Sherry Cassedy, JD, MA
all members of the Overcoming Barriers Board and Advisory Council and who have been rethinking ways to help families in conflict where a child resists or rejects a parent for decades.
The Morning will include a full panel for Mental Health Professionals, Lawyers and Judges with topics:
- Old problems, New concepts – the evolution of our thinking about parent-child contact problems.
- How do these cases present to attorneys, judges and mental health professionals? How lawyers and judges can help.
- Child interview (video demonstration)
- The challenges of the Child’s Voice in these cases.
- An Interdisciplinary team approach
The Afternoon session is an in-depth presentation for Mental Health Professionals with Dr. Matt Sullivan. Topics will include:
- Interventions in child resistance cases; Structure of doing the work; court order and service agreement; balance, family systems, favored parent, fees,accountability for non-compliance.
- Court-involved therapy – a specialized practice in high conflict shared custody
- Video – PC and child therapist
- Continuum of intensity of legal and psychological interventions
- Lessons Learned
8 hours Continuing Education Units for psychologists, MFTs, social workers and registered nurses sponsored and provided by Alliant University. (There is a separate 4 hour training on Domestic Violence being offered the day before. Please correspond with Katherine Gutierrez about it)
Cost is $175 and continental breakfast and lunch are included.
For more information and to register email Katherine Gutierrez at [email protected]