July 11-15, 2016 – Applications are available now!
Overcoming Barriers and Common Ground Center have been to hosting the High-Conflict Family Camp since 2008. The supportive staff, beautiful nature and amazing facilities at Common Ground Center are the ideal environment for families to come together and do the hard work of repairing ruptured relationships and move forward.
Be sure to review the following pages before applying:
- Family Camp Overview – structure, goals, family characteristics to consider
- Intake Process – phases and timeline for intake
- Family Court Review journal article 2010 – components of Family Camp
- Article on 2013 Family Camp at the Levine Dispute Resolution Center website
Application and Intake
To inquire or request an application please contact us at: email@example.com.
If you are interested in this program on behalf of your family please ask professionals working on your case to look into the program. Neutrality on the part of Overcoming Barriers is a key component of all our programming and the intake process needs to assure that neutrality. Most families require a court order to attend the camp.
*Admission to camp will require the agreement of both parents or a court order.
**Space is limited for this program! Due to this limitation, we must give priority to families according to the order of their application to the program, including application fee.
The intake process is described in detail on the Family Camp Intake page (click here).
We have the following documents available for download below so that the family and support network can petition the Court before or simultaneous to contacting Overcoming Barriers. We highly recommend you contact us before petitioning the court to verify spots are still available.
Fees for 2016 Family Camp
All fees are non-refundable. Camper fees do not cover our costs for running camp. OCB subsidizes the cost of Camp through fundraising and relies heavily on volunteer hours to keep costs as low as possible.
- Non refundable application fee: $250 per family. To be sent in with the application and the application agreement.
- Non refundable clinical intake fee: $750 per family. To be paid as allocated per the court.
- Non refundable deposit: $5,000 due upon acceptance to Camp, allocated as the court has ordered.
- Non refundable balance of tuition: $7,500 is due by June 27th.
- Attendance at Camp: $12,500 per family for families of four or less. More than four family members, add $1,000 per extra family member. The total for a family of four will be $13,500 (application + clinical intake + camp fee)
- OCB clinical follow-up with courts to be paid by hourly rate.
- Family transportation to and from Vermont is not included.
OCB will send program updates to to people who have joined our email update list (bottom of right sidebar) or otherwise given us their contact information.
Direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org*
*Please, in your initial inquiry, do not convey to us any information which you may regard as confidential. Any information which you may convey to Overcoming Barriers by the internet or by e-mail may not be secure.