At present, OCB receives a higher volume of referrals than our clinical team can accommodate. We also receive numerous inquiries from clinicians asking how they can host their own intensive programs. In an effort to connect families in need with intensive programs, we offer this training.
Mental health professionals experienced working with high-conflict divorce will learn the details of OCB’s unique psycho-educational curriculum and strategies for working in the program milieu. The didactic web-based seminars will occur in the months leading up to the High-Conflict Camp. The program will culminate in trainees attending Family Camp (see High-Conflict Divorce Camp page) where they will work day and night with Dr. Sullivan observing and analyzing groups, camp activities and family interventions.
Dates and Details
Spring/Early Summer 2016 Web-Based Seminar
The web-based portion of the training program will include relevant readings on the topic of high-conflict divorce, pre-recorded video lectures presented by Drs. Robin Deutsch, Peggie Ward and Matthew Sullivan, (topics listed below), and question/answer video conference lead by by Dr. Sullivan after camp. Course work will start in the Spring of 2016. Video lecture topics:
- Introduction to Camp and The Milieu (OCB Staff) – Live
- Intake and Evaluations (Dr. Sullivan)
- Complexities of the Families (Dr. Ward)
- The “West” Group – the unaligned* parent group (Dr. Sullivan)
- The “East” Group – the aligned* parent group (Dr. Ward)
- The “Common Ground” Group – the children’s group (Dr. Deutsch)
- Mini Interventions (Dr. Deutsch)
- Q&A live with Dr. Sullivan
2016 High-Conflict Camp Immersion
Dates for program immersion in Vermont (food and lodging provided): July 10 – July 16, 2016 Trainees should arrive by 3:00 on Sunday July 10th and can leave late on July 15th but preferably early on July 16th. Transportation to and from the Burlington Vermont airport is provided.
- Sunday: Arrival, meetings and live training
- Monday-Friday: Regular schedule for camp (see camp page)
- Friday-Saturday: Debriefing, discussion of programs moving forward and departure
- Families are at camp from Monday, July 11th until afternoon on July 15th.
$3,500 per participant includes web-based seminar & family camp immersion at Common Ground Center in Vermont (Travel not included).
We recognize that the cost and required commitment to attend the training program may be prohibitive for some people. Interested professionals are encouraged to apply at this time and discuss cost in the statement of interest section or with staff during follow-up. Our fundraising efforts to provide financial assistance are ongoing.
Applications are open at this time. Please click here to apply! Once we receive and review your application we will set up an interview with the Clinical Team.