Overcoming Barriers is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that developed and utilizes the Overcoming Barriers Approach, an alternative to on-going, expensive and frustrating litigation. The Overcoming Barriers Approach is a productive means for families, and the professionals working with them, to address the issues that arise in high-conflict divorces in which a child is resisting or refusing to see a parent. Overcoming Barriers’ programs for post- divorce/separation families caught in intractable parental conflict, bring together the entire family in a positive, fun, clinically supported, natural environment, to learn and practice skills as a rebalanced family.
As Overcoming Barriers has grown from an original program prototype to a national organization working to expand program options for families throughout the US and Canada, we have recognized the critical importance of training professionals to attaining success in addressing our mission and vision. Overcoming Barriers’ unique training and resources for professionals enable us to maintain the quality and integrity of program delivery and to ensure that our strained families have better access geographically and financially to support, not only from Overcoming Barriers’ direct service programs but from trained and knowledgeable mental health and legal professionals.
- This fall join members of the Legal Communities of Kansas City and St. Louis for a presentation entitled, “What to Do when a Child Resists or …Read More »
- Overcoming Barriers, Inc. in collaboration with William James College High Conflict Coparenting: Interventions for Children’s Alignment and Resistance. Register Here! FALL 2019 – SPRING 2020 session …Read More »
- “Is OCB Camp successful?” If you ask the Camp Clinicians, there would be a resounding yes! Parents meet with Camp Clinicians together. They are face-to-face for …Read More »
- Looking Forward to a Productive Year for Overcoming Barriers At our recent Board retreat we looked at our accomplishments and discussed what we’d like to …Read More »
- Family camp will take place from July 8 – 13, 2019 in Vermont at Common Ground Center. Please read more about camp and find details …Read More »
- OCB CAMP 2019 The OCB approach focuses on the family dynamics and working with the family as a whole. Our approach includes the children and …Read More »
Sign Up Now!
Begins September 1st.
High Conflict Coparenting Course for Mental Health Professionals!