Overcoming Barriers is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that developed and utilizes the Overcoming Barriers Approach, an alternative to on-going, expensive and frustrating litigation. The Overcoming Barriers Approach is a productive means for families, and the professionals working with them, to address the issues that arise in high-conflict divorces in which a child is resisting or refusing to see a parent. Overcoming Barriers’ programs for post- divorce/separation families caught in intractable parental conflict, bring together the entire family in a positive, fun, clinically supported, natural environment, to learn and practice skills as a rebalanced family.
As Overcoming Barriers has grown from an original program prototype to a national organization working to expand program options for families throughout the US and Canada, we have recognized the critical importance of training professionals to attaining success in addressing our mission and vision. Overcoming Barriers’ unique training and resources for professionals enable us to maintain the quality and integrity of program delivery and to ensure that our strained families have better access geographically and financially to support, not only from Overcoming Barriers’ direct service programs but from trained and knowledgeable mental health and legal professionals.
Read about the changes we've made to the 2019 Family Camp including a NEW sliding scale fee structure below.
- OCB CAMP 2019 The OCB approach focuses on the family dynamics and working with the family as a whole. Our approach includes the children and …Read More »
- Family camp will take place from July 8 – 13, 2019 in Vermont at Common Ground Center. Please read more about camp and find details …Read More »
- Overcoming Barriers, Inc. in collaboration with William James College High Conflict Coparenting: Interventions for Children’s Alignment and Resistance. Register Here! WINTER/SPRING: January 21 – …Read More »
- Thank you for your interest! Mental health professionals experienced working in high-conflict divorce will learn about OCB’s unique psycho-educational and experiential skills building curriculum. Didactic …Read More »
- Overcoming Barriers, Inc. & The Steve Frankel Group, LLC announce a new online course! Overcoming Barriers is co-sponsor along with the Steve Frankel Group, …Read More »
The OCB Board of Directors meets next week in Phoenix to plan for 2019/2020. Stay tuned for news!